Friday, August 25, 2006


I believe that a United States of Africa, though an ideal concept, would be extremely hard to put together, even if today's leaders had the wisdom of the illustrious thinkers pictured above. I think the leaders are more concerned with their fiefdoms than with the larger picture and the larger possibilities. Take South America. Simon Bolivar's dream of a united South America remains only a dream in the mind of Hugo Chavez. And South America is much smaller than Africa, and, with the exception of Brasil, Guyana, Surinam and French Guiana, speak the very same language. And they cannot get it together.Some African leaders are dedicated to their people. I may be contradicted, but I think of Robert Mugabe, who is reviled by England and he US. Struggling to put his country right, after the rape of his country by England. Apart from South Africa, how much support is this man getting from other leaders?A United States of Africa would be great. The Europeans are getting their act together, with the euro in place. But I am afraid we won't be seeing a US of Africa anytime soon. As a matter of fact, we won't even be hearing discussions among the leaders about such a concept.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Barrybar says:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home